SEO positioning is today more important than ever if your goal is for your company’s website to stand out among the first Google search results. Search engines are giving more and more priority to mobile devices, and in order to achieve greater optimization to be present on all screens quickly and easily for users, you will have to go beyond keywords and content and focus on technical SEO or technical SEO. Do you know the concept? We explain it to you!
What is technical SEO
Currently, it is very important to know all the factors of web positioning, and knowing what technical SEO is for will be key to advancing in search engines. Technical SEO is the aspect of SEO that focuses on helping search engines index your website, as well as improving the user experience on it.
Technical SEO strategies
SEO positioning is very complex, and the ideal is to have someone review the technical SEO of the website at least once a month. In this way, it will be key to have someone who knows all the ins and outs of the most technical web positioning so as not to make technical SEO mistakes and be up-to-date in technical SEO with the aim of having the page positioned among the first SERP (Search Engine Results Page).
What aspects must be taken into account in SEO Technical?
There are certain factors to review so as not to commit technical SEO problems that can cause your website to be penalized, blocked or lose positions in search engines. In this sense, it will be essential to review them and take into account the technical SEO tips that we explain below:
- 301 (permanent) and 302 (temporary) redirects: You can analyze redirects through Search Console’s Crawl Errors Report to verify that the search engine is not adding them to your page’s ranking results. Fixing broken web links is also important in this regard. Also, if you haven’t done so yet, we invite you to try the new features and interface of the new Search Console that Google.
- XML Sitemap: it is about creating a map of the web page in which the organization of the contents is reflected to make it easier for Google to index it. It is sent to Google through Search Console and is essential to detect any tracking error or crawl error that may be harming the correct indexing of each of the pages of your website.
- Title and Meta-description tags: one of the most typical errors for which Google may not be positioning your pages is not paying attention to these types of tags. Writing a good title and meta description is not only important to appear in the first results but it is essential for users to click on your page.
- HTML: having knowledge of HTML can be of great help when it comes to improving the SEO of the web. In addition to the tags referring to the meta title and meta description of the page, there are others to pay attention to such as the header tags (H1,H2,H3…), the alt image tag, the nofollow/follow attributes, the anchor text or anchor text and canonical tags, among others.
- Website performance optimization: Load speed is one of the top trends and key technical SEO factors to consider when optimizing today. Especially if you take into account that 53% of users leave a site if it takes more than 3 seconds to load. Therefore, applying the right techniques to accelerate that loading speed is essential, both for Google and for the user experience. These are some of the performance tools that will give you more information about the performance of your website: Lighthouse, TestMySite, PageSpeed Insights.
- SEO On-Page and SEO Off-Page: they must be combined with technical SEO to perfection so that the web reaches the top. For example, the use of images is very important for onpage seo but if they are too heavy they will make the page take time to load.
One of the keys to start thinking about technical SEO is to be clear that the structure and architecture of the website and its content is essential for Google and other search engines such as Bing or Yahoo Search when proceeding with its indexing.
For this reason, taking into account aspects and details such as the previous ones will help you to make the website perfect for that crawl that will lead to positioning the page and giving it a place among the search results.
If you are a digital professional specialized in Search Marketing, knowing the concept of technical SEO or technical SEO is very important. Also, remember that in our section of job offers in the digital world you can see the latest published SEO opportunities as well as other specialties.